Monday 22 April 2013

MCOAHS CREATES HISTORY!


After reading this article your cheeks will definitely bloom with happiness. This year MCOAHS broke the record after a few years and gained the 6th rank. The valuable score of 62 lead MCOAHS to attain the 6th place amongst all the institutes of Manipal University who participated in Diamond Utsav. This was possible due to the hard work, effort, team work and dedication of all participants!!
The encouragement by the staff, faculty members and of course our fellow colleagues lead to this glorious attainment!


So let’s have a glance on what the winners have to say....

Street Play (3rd prize)
The last minute unpreparedness, cut throat competitions, and the hardships of practice, all are forgotten behind when you win the event after you worked for hours and hours straight. Cheers to our team!’ –Sarosh,  particiapnt
‘This year it was a totally different experience as mime, mad ads and street play were on the same day and we had the same team representing in all. Because of the teamwork and dedication we finally made it to the 3rd position. It was a great experience with rollercoaster moments. We are looking forward to more fun next year!!’ – Rajvi, participant

Lavni Group Dance (1st prize)

‘My Utsav dance experience was wonderful. I had never participated at such a level!! My entire team member’s two months hard work finally paid off. I thoroughly enjoyed the 5.30 am practice sessions, & the yelling’s and all the fun we had during practices. I am really proud of my teammates and glad to perform with all of them!!!!’ - Durga- participant from the group

Eastern Non Classical Solo singing (3rd prize)
‘Utsav was great for me, not because I got placed third but it was a great experience for me to perform in front of a huge crowd and to compete with other great talents. I am very happy and equally honored. I would like to thank our cultural coordinator and friends for encouraging me and helping me out whenever needed!!’ - Palzor

Western Group Singing (2nd prize)
‘UTSAV!!! The one event every year that brings out the best in every student participating in it. That was exactly what we felt this year too. All the long hours of practice, all the hard work mixed with a lot of fun paid off in the end. It was such a new and delightful experience for all of us in the group. We hope to work harder and better for next year with the hope of uplifting the name of our institution.’ – Elmer & Ved on behalf of the group

Classical Dance Solo (1st prize) bagged by Meria Georgeena Reji.

Hindi Poetry (3rd prize)
‘It’s my first time that I am participating in a poetry competition, when I got to know that i am participating in Utsav ,I was very nervous. But it has been a great learning experience for me. Participating in Utsav and representing our college in such a prestigious event really makes me happy.The competition is always tough because everybody there gives their best but what you learn & gain out of it , is what matters I guess; winning or losing doesn't matter, what is important is that you participated.’-  Archana Sharma  

English poetry (2nd prize) bagged by Nikita Masceranhas
Well... I still cant believe i won second place.. it was like a dream come true!!! 
I am gald I could help in bringing glory to MCOAHS and definitely thank my parents for their blessings and support,my  well wishers and all folks who believed in me!
My winning is dedicated to all those who believe in the saying- “And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” 
―  Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist.

Hearty congratulations to all the winners!!

By:
Arya Salgaonkar

No comments:

Post a Comment